*We are unable to offer Visa sponsorships at this time*
Fairway Technologies is looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of data experts. Data Engineers at Fairway are responsible for working with our clients to expand and optimize their data warehousing and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimize data flow and collection. Ideal candidates are experienced data pipeline builders and data wranglers who enjoy optimizing and building data systems from the ground up, getting data from source systems to analytic systems, and modeling data for analytical reporting. They have also learned quite a bit about managing customers and the relevance of external and internal perceptions of their work product and how they relate to satisfaction. Having the confidence and knowledge to recommend solutions and the experience to know what will and won’t work are important traits for Fairway consultants.
Some typical tasks for our data engineers:
- Build and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Model and build destination databases/data warehouses.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Translate business needs into data models: implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics and reporting tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide results and business value to make data-driven decisions.
Every Fairway developer must possess the following set of fundamental skills:
- Uses technology to contribute to development of customer objectives and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Communicates clearly and effectively in careful consideration of the audience, and in terms and tone appropriate to them.
- Accepts responsibility for the successful delivery of a superior work product.
- Gathers requirements and composes estimates in collaboration with the customer.
- Respects coworkers and has a casual, friendly attitude.
- Has an interest and passion for technology. This is not a joke, and yes, it’s a requirement.
- Experience with data warehouse tools (Teradata, Oracle, Netezza, SQL, etc.) as well as cloud-based data warehouse tools (Snowflake, Redshift, Google BigQuery).
- Experience building and optimizing traditional and/or event driven data pipelines.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases.
- Familiarity with data processing tools such as Hadoop, Apache Spark, Hydra, etc.
- Knowledge of cloud-based or streaming solutions such as Confluent and Kafka, Databricks and Spark Streaming.
- Experience with ETL/ELT tools such as Matillion, FiveTran, Talend, Informatica, Oracle Data Integrator, or IBM Infosphere, and understands the pros/cons of transforming data in ETL or ELT fashion.
- Good understanding of data warehouse concepts of schemas, tables, views, materialized views, stored procedures, and roles/security.
- Adept at building processes to support data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, and Microstrategy.
- Familiarity with StreamSets a plus.
- Investigate emerging technologies.
- Research most appropriate technology solution to solve complex and unique business problems.
- Research and manage important and complex design decisions.
- Direct interaction with the customer regarding significant matters often involving coordination among groups.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercise good judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining solutions.
- Attend sales calls as technical expert and offer advice or qualified recommendations based on clear and relevant information.
- Research and vet project requirements with customer and technical leadership.
- Assist in the creation of SOWs, proposals, estimates and technical documentation.
- Act as vocal advocate for Fairway and pursue opportunities for continued work from each customer.
- Determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Requires minimal day-to-day supervision from the client management team.
- Typically requires 5+ years of related experience.
- Typically requires BS in computer science or higher.
- Too many to list, visit fairwaytech.com/careers/ for benefits information