Principal Developer - Austin, TX
The Principal Developer is the pinnacle of Fairway’s developer track. Already technical experts, Principals have honed their consulting skills to a deeper understanding of each customer’s unique business problems. Intangible, incomplete or inarticulate information doesn't discourage the Principal Developer who looks forward to the challenge of solving the nebulous. Principals are the de-facto experts in their fields which span a variety of technologies and stacks. Furthermore, they have a complete understanding of software, both in terms of underlying technology and how that software can be used to solve business problems.
Principals are adept at explaining complex technical concepts in terms appropriate to any audience, including the non-technical, project managers, and executives. Principals are comfortable presenting in front of technical experts and executives alike. Principals are mentors, reference points, leaders, role models, and resident know-it-alls. Principals have also taken on the role of representing Fairway publicly and can speak, teach and give interviews on behalf of Fairway.
Every Fairway developer must possess the following set of fundamental skills:
- Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
- Uses technology to contribute to development of customer objectives and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Communicates clearly and effectively in careful consideration of the audience, and in terms and tone appropriate to them.
- Accepts responsibility for the successful delivery of a superior work product.
- Gathers requirements and composes estimates in collaboration with the customer.
- Respects coworkers and has a casual, friendly attitude.
- Has an interest and passion for technology. This is not a joke, and yes, it’s a requirement.
- Fluent in complex computer science concepts, design patterns and best practices.
- Broad expertise in many major technologies and stacks.
- Investigates emerging technologies.
- Independently researches and implements most appropriate technology solution to complex and unique business problems.
- Researches and manages critical and complex design decisions.
- Implements best practices and engenders adherence among team members.
- Direct and autonomous interaction with the customer regarding significant matters often involving coordination among groups.
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
- Exercises independent judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining solutions.
- Attends sales calls as technical expert and offers advice or qualified recommendations based on limited information.
- Researches and vets project requirements with customer and technical leadership.
- Assists in the creation of SOWs, proposals, estimates and technical documentation.
- Acts as vocal advocate for Fairway, and pursues opportunities for continued work from each customer.
- Determines methods and procedures on new or special assignments independently.
- Requires little or no supervision from the client management team.
- May supervise the activities of other developers.
- Serves as a mentor, role model and reference point to other developers.
- Typically requires 12+ years of related experience.
- Typically requires BS in computer science or higher.
- Too many to list, visit fairwaytech.com/careers/ for benefits information