The Lead Developer is the Senior Developer on steroids. Leads have taken the time to refine their technology skills and are experts in their fields which span a variety of technologies and stacks. They have also learned quite a bit about managing customers, and the relevance of external and internal perceptions of their work product and how they relate to satisfaction. As its name suggests, the key difference between Senior and Lead are the leadership qualities required to tackle more difficult engagements or be the sole point of contact for a customer. Having the confidence and knowledge to recommend solutions and the experience to know what will and won’t work are necessary traits for the Lead Developer.
Every Fairway developer must possess the following set of fundamental skills:
- Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
- Uses technology to contribute to development of customer objectives and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Communicates clearly and effectively in careful consideration of the audience, and in terms and tone appropriate to them.
- Accepts responsibility for the successful delivery of a superior work product.
- Gathers requirements and composes estimates in collaboration with the customer.
- Respects coworkers and has a casual, friendly attitude.
- Has an interest and passion for technology. This is not a joke, and yes, it’s a requirement.
- Expert in complex computer science concepts, design patterns and best practices.
- Broad expertise in several major technologies.
- Investigates emerging technologies.
- Researches most appropriate technology solution to solve complex and unique business problems.
- Researches and manages important and complex design decisions.
- Adheres to accepted best practices and engenders adherence among team members.
- Direct interaction with the customer regarding significant matters often involving coordination among groups.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises good judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining solutions.
- Attends sales calls as technical expert and offers advice or qualified recommendations based on clear and relevant information.
- Researches and vets project requirements with customer and technical leadership.
- Assists in the creation of SOWs, proposals, estimates and technical documentation.
- Acts as vocal advocate for Fairway, and pursues opportunities for continued work from each customer.
- Determines methods and procedures on new or special assignments, and may provide guidance to other developers.
- Requires minimal day-to-day supervision from the client management team.
- Typically requires 8+ years of related experience.
- Typically requires BS in computer science or higher.
- Too many to list, visit fairwaytech.com/careers/ for benefits information